Studies show that children learn better and improve in school as a result of brain training. Just like physical fitness is important – so is exercising the mind. Even though the brain is an organ, it also acts like a muscle in that it absorbs, contracts, and expands based on the number of neuron connections and synapse formulations. For a child, this can make learning easier – especially when it comes to the basic concepts of math and reading. If your child is struggling in school, you may want to explore different brain training exercises. Here are some brain training exercises to improve your child’s cognitive function.
- Remembering a list of words. One simple brain exercise is to create a list of words. You want to show the list to the child and ask him or her to remember as many words as possible. You then want to take the list away and ask the child to write down as many words as he or she can from memory. This will start to boost short-term memory, which is a powerful cognitive tool.
- Word association games. Another way to boost the strength of the brain and cognitive skills is to create word association games. You can have a number of images that correspond with different words. You want the child to line each word up with the right image. This exercise is great for children that are just learning how to read. This exercise will help them associate different images with words, which will create new connections. It will also boost the the child’s vocabulary.
- Put together complicated puzzles. It is also smart to give your child puzzles that he or she can put together. Puzzles are great because they don’t seem too challenging. Best of all, puzzles can be fun. However, puzzles can be an amazing tool to boost your child’s cognitive abilities. It takes the power of deductive reasoning and other modes of thought to put together a puzzle. Of course, you don’t want to give your child a puzzle that is too complicated for their age group, but a little challenge won’t hurt.
- Memorization games. There are also various memorization games. For instance, LearningRX offers a number of cognitive exercises that boost the power of short-term and long-term memory. These games use imagery, text and sound to create links between different words and concepts. Your child is then asked where a certain sound or word goes. This game can be fun for children, because they are often played on a computer, so you won’t have to worry about getting pushback.
- Solve math puzzles. If your child struggles in math, you may want to give your child some math puzzles to fill out. These math puzzles include word problems that involve arithmetic, subtraction and even multiplication. Sometimes, learning math is a lot easier if you do so in a different context. In the end, solving math problems can make learning math fun and exciting.
If you are thinking of playing soccer - either with friends or on local team – it is important to know what some of the basic rules are. The truth is that soccer is beyond not touching the ball if you are not a goalie. In fact, soccer is a vastly complicated sport with a lot of rules. Of course, you don’t need to know what all the rules are right away, but it can help to know some of them. Knowing the rules will not only prevent you from getting penalties, it will also allow you the ability to enjoy the game better. Here are the basic rules of playing soccer.
- There are actually 17 laws or rules in the game of soccer. Knowing the basics of all these laws and rules is critical, but as you become more familiar with the sport, you want to start investigating the rest of the laws and rules. Some of them will be more complicated, but as you start to pick up on them, it will be easier to remember them and to abide by them when you are playing soccer. If you don’t abide by these rules or laws, you will endure penalties and flags.
- Only 11 team members are allowed on the soccer field at once. On a regulation soccer field and during a regulation soccer game, you are only allowed to have 11 people on the field – a minimum of 7 – or else it could create an unfair advantage. It is also important that one person out of the 11 is a goalkeeper. The goalkeeper must wear a different colored shirt – so as to identify him or her. Moreover, only the goalkeeper is allowed to use his or her hands.
- You are not allowed to wear jewelry or any other clothing or accessory items that could hinder your ability to play. Moreover, these items can actually harm or injure other players, so they are strictly forbidden. Ideally, you want to stick with your standard issue jersey or some other kind of jersey that is comfortable and allows you to move. If you wear jewelry or have anything that could injure another player, you could be disqualified.
- A soccer game is separated by two 45-minute halves. Whoever has the highest number of points at the end wins. You may want to visit Golme and invest in a soccer goal and other equipment and practice playing a game within this timeline. Of course, it will be difficult at first, so you may want to shorten the total length of the game until you get the hang of the sport.
- You must not touch the ball with your hands. One of the most important rules of soccer is that you cannot touch the ball with your hands – unless you are the goalie. If you touch the ball, it is immediately deemed a foul. At first, it will be difficult to get used to this rule, but you will soon discover that this little challenge is what makes the sport so fun.
Being that reportedly half of all individuals living within the United States alone suffer from some form of gum disease, it’s important that you do all that you can to prevent tooth decay from becoming an issue for you and your family. And while one of the best things that you can do is see your dentist every 6-12 months, it’s also important that you put certain daily habits into practice too.
If you’d like to know some effective and affordable ways to properly care for your teeth, please read on:
Brush and floss regularly. There is absolutely no way that your teeth and gums are going to remain in good condition if you don’t make a point to brush and floss your teeth following every meal. When it comes to brushing your teeth, use an electric toothbrush that has soft bristles. Also, make sure that you change it out every three months. That will help to reduce bacteria from growing inside your mouth. As for the best kind of floss to use, visit Pop Sugar and put “the best floss brands” in the search field. The article will provide you with the advantages and disadvantages of several different brands.
Eat the right foods. When you want your teeth to be nice and strong, you have to eat the right kinds of things. Cheese, yogurt, apples, celery and strawberries are just some of the foods that will help you to maintain good oral hygiene. If you’re curious to know about some of the foods that are not good for your mouth, Health is a website that has a feature on that very topic. Simply go to the site and put “great and best foods for teeth” in the search field.
Avoid certain drinks. What you drink can also play a significant role on the color of your teeth’s enamel and the overall condition of your teeth and gums. So if you happen to like wine or coffee, either sip it through a straw or follow it up with a glass of water. As for sodas and even fruit juices, try not to drink several glasses at a time. They are loaded with sugar and acid: two things that can do a real number on your teeth.
Try some baking soda, peroxide, and vinegar. Although there are all kinds of commercial brand toothpastes that you can choose from, there are also three things that you have at home that can keep your teeth and gums in amazingly great condition. By brushing your teeth with baking soda and then rinsing your mouth out with peroxide, you can help to whiten your teeth and also kill germs. By using apple cider vinegar as a mouthwash, you can remove a lot of bacteria that may be in between your teeth and on your tongue. Just make sure to gargle with one-part vinegar and one-part water. Otherwise, the acid (and taste) might be a bit overwhelming.
Chew some gum. Unless you’re someone who tends to grind your teeth to the point that you have to wear a night dental guard, another way to keep tooth decay at bay is to chew some sugarless gum. For one thing, it has ingredients that help to keep your teeth healthy. Secondly, gum helps to produce saliva which also fights against plaque and bacteria build-up. For more information on the other benefits of chewing sugarless gum, visit MouthHealthy.org and put “chewing gum” in the search field.
Whether your school offers some kind of outdoor education week where all the kids in a class go to a nearby camp for a few days, or you are the type of parent that likes to send kids to summer camp every year, eventually you’ll need to think about how you can best prepare the tots in your household for sleeping somewhere other than in the familiar comforts of their bedroom at home. Even if it’s only for a few days, kids can get understandably anxious when their routines are disrupted and they find themselves out of their element. As a parent, it’s your duty to remove as much stress from the situation as possible. But how do you make that happen? Here are a few tips to prepare your child for his time at sleep-away camp.
One issue that many parents deal with is separation anxiety. While most kids overcome the desire to stay home with a parent at a young age thanks to inclusion in daycare or school, your child may not be entirely comfortable with the prospect of being away from home overnight, much less for several days. The best way, then, to prepare your child for this eventuality is by making sure he participates in sleepovers with friends leading up to sleep-away camp. When he stays with a friend close to home, there is an inherent safety net – you can always pick him up if he gets too anxious. This will help him to ease into the prospect of being away from home. And then you can explain that sleep-away camp is just like any other sleepover and that he’ll have just as much fun.
Once you have overcome potential emotional aversions to sleep-away camp, you’ll need to prepare your child in other ways, which is to say, you need to outfit him accordingly for the event. Since most camps operate during the warmer months, you’ll want to pack lose, comfortable clothing that is appropriate for the weather and the activities your child will be participating in (hiking, swimming, and so on). You’ll also want to provide items like sunblock, bug spray, and any medications your child might need to be administered, along with typed instructions for teachers, camp counselors, or whoever is in charge. Often, you’ll receive a list of essential items each child will need. And don’t forget to pack a few cold-weather items (pants, hoodies, and a rain poncho) just in case.
Finally, make sure your child has a means of contacting you. The camp may or may not allow cell phones, or there may not be service. So you shouldn’t rely on that. But they will, of course, have a landline, so provide your child with relevant phone numbers just in case he needs to reach you. Or think about going old-school with a stationary set and stamped envelopes or a stack of post cards for your child to send to you and other family members and friends, detailing his experience. Any camp for kids is sure to have plenty of activities to keep your child occupied, so once he arrives he’ll surely get over any anxiety and have fun. So when you decide to make the leap from a day camp like Padonia Park Club to a sleep-away camp, don’t fret. It won’t take long for your child to immerse himself in the camp experience.
No kid likes math. If a child tells you that he or she likes math, there is a good chance that he or she is simply trying to impress you. The truth is that a lot of kids struggle with math. It isn’t so much that they don’t like math – they just don’t get some of the concepts that go into mathematical equations. When it comes down to it, learning the basics of math will be incredibly useful in many facets later in life. From division to algebra – there may be a time when you need to harken back to your math lessons to complete a complicated equation. This could be for creating a budget for your business or even when you are trying to devise the tip on a bill at a restaurant. Here are some ways to make learning math more fun for kids.
- Find a fun tutoring center. A lot of teachers are realizing that the traditional way of teaching math is old-fashioned and not very fun. This is why tutoring centers, like Mathnasium, can offer a totally new experience. Not only will children get math tutoring - they will also learn new mathematical concepts that will make math easier and easier to learn.
- Learn math outside of the context of school. Another reason why math tutoring is fun is because it is not inside a traditional classroom. When it comes down to it, children learn a lot better when they are in an environment that doesn’t put a lot of pressure on them. In class, students have teachers and even other classmates watching or buzzing around, which can be distracting and intimidating.
- Use games to teach math. One of the best ways to make math more fun is to use games. There are many math games that you can implement. For instance, if you are teaching geometry, you can use puppets to represent different shapes. You can also use things like chocolate bars to teach kids about fractions. If a chocolate bar has twenty pieces attached to it, you can use the bar to teach basic division.
- Have a math party – with a math contest. Math contests are also another powerful way to teach math. Plus, if you do it in a festive setting, students will start to associate math with a good time versus a dreadful time. Many students do poorly in math because they associate math with the stress of being in a classroom. Indeed, many students are math phobic because teachers don’t create a more festive atmosphere when teaching the subject.
- Make learning math a rewarding experience. Of course, you also want to make math rewarding. After a long hard study session, or exam, it is important to offer a rewarding experience, like ice cream or a trip to the movies. It should be associated with something pleasurable. In the end, offering rewards will not only make learning math more fun – it will also build up the motivation to learn math.
In highest possible events or activities, meals offering is a part of that structured occasion. Catering companies have now become essential solutions for all activities. Among active plans, individuals find it to be difficult to arrange an event or a function all by themselves. In its position, they discover one of the best excellent offering solutions available to arrange the occasion or the function.
Offering is the business of providing foodservice at a distant website or a website such as a pub, resort, or other location. The pattern in catering is fulfilling all the client’s feelings. Meals are the centerpiece of this endeavor; and professional catering services use good delicacies to make an enjoyable and welcoming environment. Indian meals are particularly responsive to such an attempt because the spices or herbs and scents of these delicacies wake up and titillate the feelings.
Imporant for any occasion
Catering support can be used for a function, celebration, company occasion, ball game, outdoor occasion, or for any regular business or institutional offering. These features are usually engaged in offering, meals preparation and, introducing the foods in case of buffets and offering, if required. Regardless of offering the foods, they are also engaged in the company of the whole occasion these days right from design, illumination, wedding celebration, offering meals, and other factors involved with the occasion. They may be handled as complete occasion control groups or companions for organizing the occasion effectively.
Nowadays, offering company has become a fantastic company. Catering industry discovers tasks throughout the year. Many individuals are a part of these offering solutions or themselves run them. Its needs are not just limited to occasion control but they’re engaged in offering for some companies and companies, which becomes a basis of regular earnings for the catering solutions. It’s their responsibility to create the celebration or the function unforgettable.
To create it excellent, they put in large amount of initiatives and hard-work. The result is successful only with the co-ordination of the employees and the entire team. Once the whole company of the occasion is provided to catering solutions, we can rest and relish the celebration without any worry. When traditional meals are involved, we need to opt for the catering solutions, who are dedicated to different types of Native Indian meals offering good variety.
Regarding activities which are all about traditions and methods, specific Indian Food Catering is the need of the hour. The same can be used to a company conference or an official celebration. In such a situation, planners will charge a greater fee as the need is not general but something particular. But, when the initiatives that are put in are compared, we become nervous regarding planning the occasion really, due to which we might not even appreciate the occasion fully. In its position, if we totally provide the control of occasion to the catering solutions, then we can appreciate the occasion thoroughly.
Cost engaged in offering is reliant entirely on the count of individuals in the occasion, and rest of the factors that require to be structured such as the illumination, design, chair agreement, bouquet, etc. It relies on the work and the costs of the things which need to leased out or purchased for making that preparations. Nowadays, the planners also arrange submission of meals packages and Finger Food For Birthday party at our door steps, known as the mobile offering. These types of solutions are utilized during journeying in flight tickets, teaches, etc. So, if you are planning a cool celebration and want it to be perfect, you know what to do. One can visit www.bestindianfoodcatering.com to know more about catering services.
Whilst nobody enters into a marriage or civil partnership with the expectation that it will end, sometimes these things happen. Relationships break down, and you need to find the right way to move on – at Tayntons we can help you do that, with legal advice on separations, annulments, and divorce.
If you are experiencing difficulties in your marriage or civil partnership, you may want to try a period of time where you and your partner live apart –commonly known as a ‘trial separation’. You can, of course, do this without involving solicitors, should you prefer. However, there are benefits to a legal separation, either as a precursor or alternative to divorce.
There are two kinds of separation:-
- Informal separation- by living separate lives undertaking no formal court application (but being able to deal with your finances); and
- Judicial separation- a court process, started with a judicial separation petition, which will mean at the end of the process you remain married to your partner, but are formally separated. You can undertake this process if you do not wish to divorce, for example religious reasons.
An annulment is way of ending a marriage or civil partnership which negates the validity of the marriage or civil partnership in the first place. In order to apply for an annulment you must prove that your marriage is either void, or voidable. A void marriage is one that was not legally valid to begin with. Under family law in England and Wales there are several grounds for declaring a marriage void:
- one or both partners was under 16 at the time of the marriage
- one or both partners were already married
- the partners are related, legally prohibited from marrying.
Avoidable marriage is one which can be considered ‘defective’:
- the marriage has not been consummated
- one or both partners did not consent to the marriage – this may be because of a forced marriage, or due to intoxication
- one of the partners had a sexually transmitted disease at the time of the marriage
- the woman was pregnant by another man at the time of the marriage.
To apply for an annulment you must complete and file a nullity petition, and later apply for a decree nisi, and a decree absolute.
It is not necessarily the case that an annulment is cheaper and easier than divorce. Indeed, an uncontested and amicable divorce may well be the more convenient option. Your choice, naturally, depends upon your reasons for wanting to end the marriage or civil partnership, and what you want to achieve afterwards. If you need help on deciding the best option for you and your partner, contact our family law department at Tayntons Solicitors who will advise you in what is right for you.
Why Your Home Network Needs Content Filtering
Content filtering is the practice of blocking access to specific online resources and information including web pages, email and other information.
Why? For protection. A big part of it is about protecting the account holder — the person that pays the Internet service provider. It’s very likely that your legal activity would be traced back to the person that pays the bills.
It’s also about protecting the people that use the network. If you’re a parent that means your kids and, almost certainly, the friends that come over and want to connect to your network from their own personal devices. And of course you also want to protect your network and network resources.
What exactly is it you’re trying to protect against?
The Internet is full of content that many people would consider inappropriate and/or offensive — especially for children. You can protect your kids from everything but it’s nice to know that you can at least protect them in your own home by blocking access to inappropriate material.
You also get to protect your reputation by controlling what your children’s friends can access on your network. You can’t control what they might access in your home over a cellular connection, but you can rest assured that inappropriate content won’t be consumed over your network.
It’s easy to think that you don’t need this, that your kids are going to go looking for that stuff so you don’t need to worry about it. The problem is that even relatively benign searches can lead to some dark corners of the Internet very quickly, and even the relatively innocent curiosity of preteen’s can quickly lead to upsetting material.
And remember — Whatever travels over the network gets traced back to the account holder. If a preteen or teenager searches for a teenage celebrity stumbles across some inappropriate leaked or faked photos it’s one thing. when traced back to a middle-aged parent whose name is on the account it becomes something very different.
Not everyone feels that sharing music, movies and TV shows online is a serious offence. The creators of that content do however and are becoming forceful about protecting it.
One recent example involves the film The Expendables 3. The film was leaked online, and widely shared over the Internet, before was released in theatres. The producers of the film blame this for a disappointing box office performance and are aggressively pursuing those involved.
What constitutes involvement? Being the holder of an account that was used to download the film. If your name is attached to an Internet services account that was used to download that film you are likely to receive a letter demanding restitution of $300. This is becoming more commonplace.
As the holder of the count you are in a position to make informed decisions about what you download. But you are also ultimately responsible for what everyone who uses your network downloads or shares online. Content filtering helps protect you by simply blocking access to this type of material and preventing those using your network from exposing you.
Malware and other content that endangers all of your network resources can be delivered by simply clicking the wrong link or opening the wrong attachment. Adults in general, in the account holder in particular, are more likely to be careful.
Kids on the other hand never cease to surprise with their indiscriminate clicking of links and opening of files. It is very easy for them to inadvertently endanger your network.
In all of these cases content filtering helps by allowing you to prevent the users of your network from exposing you.
Mark Anderson is a software developer, small business owner and parent. More information on digital security and protecting your family online can be found on his personal blog.
Bringing a dog into your family can add a lot to your home and your happiness. There are always many things to consider when you are deciding what kind of dog to get, and even more if you have children. Here are 5 dog breeds that usually make good family pets:
- Bull Terrier
Bull terriers are ideal family pets. They are generally calm and can hold their own with high energy children. They are very playful dogs and can make great playmates for kids. Parents often love bull terriers because they can be very protective of children. Plus, they are simply adorable with their smushy faces and constant smiles.
Bulldogs are far from fragile, and they can put up with young kids who might want to get into some mischief roughhousing with the family dog. Bulldogs are sturdy and easy-going by nature. They also do well in most living spaces, so whether you have a house or an apartment, they won’t mind much either way.
Newfoundlands are sometimes called “Nature’s Nannies,” and there is good reason for that. They have a love for children that seems naturally built-in to their breed. These large, affectionate dogs are gentle giants who will look over their pack with unconditional love. They do drool and shed quite a bit, but it can be worth the care. Because of their size, Newfoundlands will be best suited for homes with large open spaces.
Who wouldn’t want Lassie to look over their children? Collies are natural herders, and they their herding skills can come in handy with children, particularly young children. Collies are usually very trainable, and can make wonderful additions to the family. Their coat is long and thus high-maintenance, but it is worth it for a dog you love.
- Labrador Retriever:
Labs of any kind make incredible family pets, as do Golden Retrievers. They epitomize the All American Dog. They’re loyal, affectionate, protective, playful, and incredibly patient. They are tough to beat as an option for a family pet.
These are just some guidelines to consider. The most important thing about any dog will be its personality, and that should be your deciding factor. Breed doesn’t dictate personality, though if you know the breed you can make some reasonable guesses about certain elements. It also helps when you find cute pups for sale, knowing about the breed can help predict how the dog’s personality will grow as it matures.
Adopting a dog from a rescue is a fantastic way to find your family pet. If you plan to adopt a dog from a rescue, you should contact local rescues and find out which ones allow “fostering to adopt.” This is when you take the dog home with you for a trial period with the intention of adopting, but without the initial commitment. This gives you and your family a chance to make sure it’s a good fit for everyone. This will also help you to see how the dog interacts with children.
When you’re choosing a dog, go into it with an open heart. Don’t get married to the idea of having a particular breed. Mutts make wonderful pets and should always be considered.
It’s amazing that beings so small can create such colossal messes. But as children grow and develop, it will take them a while to master their motor skills and their sense of propriety. The result will be a lot of food stains on their clothing, either from mishaps with getting utensils from the plate to their mouth or because they decide to play with their meal before consuming it. And with so many foods containing chemical dyes and natural staining agents, your child’s wardrobe could end up looking like a tie-dye collection before long. Luckily, you’re not the first one to face this problem – there are plenty of solutions to your washing woes. Here are a few helpful tips to remove the stubborn stains on your children’s clothing.
- Name that stain. The place to start is by identifying the source of the stain. Some, like mustard and grape juice, may be easier to pick out. Others could be harder to identify. But different stains will respond to different cleaning agents, so if you can figure out what your tiny tot has gotten into, you may have an easier time determining how best to treat the stain for total elimination.
- Don’t let it set. This is the most important step when dealing with any stain, be it to clothing, carpet, or upholstery. If you can get to it quick enough, you can do a lot of damage control and save yourself from a permanent stain. Of course, it’s not always possible to strip down your kids and attack whatever they’ve spilled on their clothes. But you can definitely start by grabbing a clean, white napkin or rag to blot up as much of the excess as possible. You’ll want to avoid wiping or scrubbing since this could serve to push the food into the clothing fibers. From there you should soak the stain with cold water and blot some more. This will help to dilute the staining agent and pull the excess before it has time to set in the garment.
- Pre-treat with stain remover. There are, of course, all kinds of home remedies for dealing with stains, from salt to club soda. But you probably don’t need to paw through the pantry if you have stain removers on hand. Tide To Go is a handy product that you can take with you anywhere, and it has the bonus of both pre-treating and immediately removing the appearance of many staining agents. But it’s only good for small jobs. As for bigger messes, you’ll need to pre-treat with a product like Shout, OxiClean, or Spray and Wash.
- Wash in warm water. You might not want to go this route if your children’s clothing hasn’t been pre-shrunk. But if you feel confident that you’re not going to shrink the clothes, washing in warm water could be the nail in the coffin for stubborn stains. That said, it’s always best to follow the washing instructions on clothing labels, so if they recommend cool wash, stick with that.
- Bleach. Products containing bleach are a good bet against many types of clothing stains. But if you don’t feel comfortable using bleach or you’ve tried everything and you still can’t get out stubborn food stains, you might want to get some professional help with your washing troubles. And a service like Time To Wash Laundromat and Organic Dry Cleaning can provide the solution, even going so far as to offer convenient pick-up and delivery services.